Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Time to Leave the World Behind!


Once up a time, I had a dream. In fact, until yesterday this dream has been living and thriving within me.

Being a musician, both a songwriter and a singer, I have always had it in my head and heart that someday, somehow I would win a Grammy. I even know which song of mine that will win that Grammy. While I don’t often talk about winning one, I do think about it. Especially around this time of year.

Yesterday, I felt something change. Instead of the yearning, I felt a separation, a distancing, if you will from that dream. As I read post after post about the artists and their performances, I realized that I did not want to be affiliated or aligned with this world any more than I have to be. Suddenly the separation I felt became more of a prompting to “run as fast as I can and never look back” kind of feeling.

All this was before I learned of Katy Perry’s performance, or the multiple gay weddings, or the duet between Jay Z and Beyonce. It was before I saw the pictures of demons and scantily clad sex scenes playing out live on stage.

There comes a time when the world just stops having a hold on us. Now, I will always continue to love God’s gift of music. I refuse to give credence to Satan and man’s distortion of such a wonderful gift. And yes, the above singers definitely have been given a gift. It is what they do with that gift that disturbs me.

After seeing post upon post on Facebook, I realized how fixated we as a society are on the offerings of the world. I didn’t see a pattern. I saw Christians oohing and ahhing along with non-Christians. I saw Christians commenting on the clothes…as well, as non-Christians. And I’m not condemning. I’ve done it myself. My question to those of us who have, is why?


Then, this morning I wake up and read a little bitty post on some obscure site that mentions Natalie Grant, a Christian singer, leaving the Grammy’s early because (as she states on Twitter): "We left the Grammy's early. I've many thoughts about the show tonight, most of which are probably better left inside my head. But I'll say this: I've never been more honored to sing about Jesus and for Jesus. And I've never been more sure of the path I've chosen."

I cannot accurately describe the feelings that were welling up in me. Here is this woman who, in her statement, judged no one…yet stood for righteousness and truth. I have never been more proud of a Christian in the spotlight. I can imagine the pull of the cameras, the lights, the glitz, the money, the beauty, and the fame. I can also imagine the buildup beforehand and then the letdown when she knew beyond a shadow of doubt it was time to leave the world behind.

That’s okay, Natalie. You have stamped and cemented the name of Jesus on this land today. You are a reminder to all of us that what we do isn’t for the accolades or the fame, it’s about glorifying Jesus. Thank you for loving Him more than His created.

1 comment:

  1. Holla!!! I am Bruce Magistro, few weeks ago i saw a post on how Dr Osun is helping people win lottery, i have been playing for years now and i had financial issues, i contacted Dr Osun for lottery lucky winning number and behold he helped me in winning ONE MILLION DOLLARS, i have never seen a good thing like this all my life, to everyone out there, it’s not everybody that is naturally lucky, if you have problems winning lottery, the solution is Dr Osun . He is real and guaranteed Contact Him on faithfullovespell@yahoo.com or call him on +2347035519489.his Web site: http://faithfullovespell5.wix.com/lottery and http://faithfullovespell.wix.com/dr-osun

    ReplyDelete