Saturday, May 8, 2010

"Today"

Today I woke up thinking about tomorrow and I had to ask myself what is wrong with today? Why am I so obsessed with all things tomorrow? Why are we, as humans, so obsessed with what is going to happen rather than with what is happening? Good things are coming, this is true. I think about my manuscript that is being published. I sometimes dwell on what it will be like to hold a finished book in my hands. Something that I wrote, spent many hours, tears, and emotions pouring over, is actually taking on form and becoming. Yet, if I think about it logically, I have 17,984,000 seconds before my book becomes a reality. What about the now? I have so much to be grateful for and think about right now, how I can possibly be dwelling over a moment in time that is lined up in the longest roller coaster ride line you have ever seen just waiting for its turn to be now? Yes, this is true. The present is one nanosecond at a time. Right now. Blink your eyes and it is too long. We can’t even process one nanosecond. It passes too quickly. It becomes the past in less than a blink of an eye. Wow! Now that is something to wrap my brain around. Today is what is happening at this very second. God says in Psalm 118:24 “This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” In Matthew 6:34 we read “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own”. So, no longer am I going to dwell upon tomorrow. I am going to think about today. This very moment. I have so much to be grateful for. I have my God, Who loved me so very much that He sent his only Son to die for me that I might have eternal life. I have my husband, Danny, who believes in me, supports me, encourages me, loves me and continues to be my best friend. I have my children, Jonna and Jeremiah, who I love with everything that I am and for now am blessed with these. My health and mind are in tact and in working order (that is sometimes debatable!). I have a home, which is comfortable and warm and good food to eat. I have a puppy that loves every moment she is with me, always forgiving and accepting. I have business cards that I can pass out to everyone and in doing so encouraging them to get involved and pass the word on about the story to come. I have a new story pouring through my head that is finding its way to paper, preparing itself to be the messenger in yet another story of God’s love and forgiveness. I have so much right now, this very moment to be thankful for! I am also grateful that I have a warm, comfortable bed that I am going to crawl into and take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment